Reading the Bible on a regular and consistent basis has several benefits. First, the Bible shows us God’s character and provides us God’s revelation of himself to his people. In each section of the Bible, we see God’s holy, unchanging, faithful, gracious and loving character. We are a Biblical ministry and believe that all the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are the unfailing authority of faith and practice. We believe the Bible is the final authority in every area it addresses.
A Simple Way to Study the Bible
Start by reading whatever passage in the Bible you are following, then ask these questions:
1. What stood out to you (or what got your attention)?
2. Why do you think it got your attention?
3. What do you think God might be trying to tell you in what stood out to you?
A Simple Way to Pray
Use the ACTS formula: Start by reading whatever passage in the Bible you are following, then ask these questions:
1. Adoration – What praises can you give to God today (think about the things that make God unique to you)
2. Confession – What are you sorry for today?
3. Thanksgiving – What can you thank God for today?
4. Supplication – What do you need from God today?